Most women desire long, voluminous and lustrous hair. In fact, the beautiful long hair have always been a muse to artists and poets and have been an important part of fairy tales too. Though as a woman, its so obvious to search on a query how to make your hair grow faster and longer, sometimes it becomes a head scratching issue. Your situation can be anything.
You may have weddings lined up or may have just ended up with a bad hair cut that ruins your entire look. These are just some of the many reasons when you will require a longer hair with faster pace. Whatever the reason may be, following the right kind of tips at a right time will help you grow your stunning hair in much faster way.
Modern lifestyle has triggered many hair problems like dandruff, weak and dull hair, stunted growth, grey and unhealthy hair. With proper hair care- massage, spa and wash, diet modifications and techniques, hair can be brought back to life and full length.
First of all it is very important that you know your hair type. Once you have already determined it, knowing some tips and tricks, is like little magic in your hands. Here are some of such assorted tips for you to grow hair longer and faster.
Tip No 1 : Give Your Hair A Proper Oil Massage
- Regular and proper oil massage is very important for great looking hair.
- Massage your hair starting from scalp and reaching the tips. Try not to be too intense while massaging, so that you do not end up breaking hair.
- Always massage by taking small partitions of hair one-by-one. This will ensure that oil reaches to all parts of the hair.
- Braiding your hair, after oil massage rhttp://www.lifestyle9.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=6316&action=editeally helps to lock the moisture inside hair.
Inversion technique is the fastest way to grow longer hair. In this technique, flip your hair in an upside down manner (neck bent downwards and hair hanging down towards the ground). Now start applying oil from scalp to tip of the hair. This method boosts hair growth up to 2-3 inches in a month.
Best kind of hair oils
- Coconut oil: It is the most widely used hair oil. It is less greasy and suitable to all hair types. It is rich in nutrition factors like vitamins and minerals. Coconut oil imparts strength to hair. Yet, it is advisable to combine coconut oil with other oils that suit your hair type, so as to grow hair longer and faster.
- Olive oil: It contains antioxidants which help to repair damaged hair and reduce hair fall. Olive oil provides smoothness and shine to hair.
- Castor oil: This oil comes with a dense consistency. It increases the thickness and volume of hair.
- Almond oil: It makes the hair manageable and makes them smooth by its moisture locking property.
- Rose oil: It enhances the strength of hair. It works great with frizzy hair.
- Jojoba oil: It cleanses the hair by removing clogs and precipitates from the scalp. Ultimately, it promotes the health of hair.
- Ayurvedic oils: Ayurvedic oils contain a mixture of various oils and herbs like amla, methi, bhringraj, vegetable and flower extracts, neem, brahmi etc. All these have distinct and effective properties. These oils help in curing various abnormalities in hair.
- Essential oils: Essential oils work as stress busters. They are an important part of Aroma therapy. Lavender, thyme, rosemary, lemon, sandalwood, geranium, tea tree etc. are some of the types of essential oils.
Tip No 2 : Schedule A Proper Regular Hair Wash
- Washing hair everyday rinses off its natural oil. So it is advisable to wash hair not before every 3 days.
- Wash hair with lukewarm water with a suitable and good quality shampoo. So that, scalp pores open up and all the oils and dust particles are washed away. Rinse off the conditioner with cold water to close the scalp pores.
- Do not apply conditioner from the roots. Right way of its application is from mid-length to the tips.
- Wash hair at least 4 times a month.
Tip No 3: Treat Your Hair With A Spa Like Home Treatments
The best way to give a spa treatment to your hair at home in low cost and within less time is by using Hair Masks. Some masks can easily be made at home, so you don’t need to visit expensive salons every time. They can be applied once in a month.So instead of just stopping your study on how to make your hair grow longer here, try to convert these tips into a regular practice. No matter how busy you are, spare some of your times in caring your hair too.
Onion and Green Tea mask:
- Take some onion pieces, garlic cloves and cumin powder. Make a paste combining them.
- Add this paste to Olive oil.
- Add little green tea to this mixture. Mask is ready.
- Apply this mask from scalp to tip, massaging gently.
- Wash after 30 minutes.
Well, try to apply this mask when you are all alone at home, as you surely won’t like to spread the unpleasant odour of the mask to other people.
Mustard Oil and Cinnamon mask:
- Mix ground cinnamon with mustard oil.
- Apply it to hair and massage thoroughly for 5 minutes at least.
- Leave it overnight and wash.
- Coconut/almond/castor/olive oil can also be used instead of mustard oil.
- Egg white mixed with honey is a good mask for oily hair.
- Egg white and egg yolk mixed with lemon works well with dry hair.
- Wash your hair after 20 minutes of applying the mask.
- It is important not to use hot water to wash hair as it will heat the egg and almost cook it up.
Coconut milk and Honey mask:
- Mix coconut milk with honey.
- Leave the mask on hair for 30 minutes before washing.
Tip No 4 : Promote A Healthy Hair With The Nutritious Food Intake
- When ever you ask a query how to make your hair grow faster and longer, i am sure you must have come across the topic of nutritious intake. Here is why.
- Hair is mostly composed of proteins. So consume diets rich in proteins like eggs, pulses, soy proteins etc.
- Besides also eat food that has high content of Vitamins A, B-complex, C, D and E. Also increase the intake of Omega 3 fatty acids, iron and zinc.
- Consume more citrus fruits, green and leafy vegetables, nuts, cod-liver oil pills.
- Cut out on the consumption of fried foods, caffeine and aerated drinks.
- Avoid smoking.
Tip No 5 : Cut Back On Hair Colouring & Re-bonding
- Hair colour reacts chemically with hair, leaving them coarse and dry in long run.
- Using lighter colours than your natural colour of hair does more damage compared to using darker shades than your hair colour.
- Always use ammonia-free hair colour
- Besides chemical colours you can also opt for henna.
- Re-bonding technique, for permanent straightening or curling, alters the original structure of the hair. Hence, leaving them weaker and thinner.
- After such treatments, hair needs to be dealt with carefully.
Tips No 6 : Introducing These Little Life Style Changes Can Make Your Hair Grow longer Faster
- Massage hair with oil at least 30 minutes before washing.
- Don’t brush in wet hair. In emergency use a comb, instead.
- When dry, start brushing hair from tips to upwards, in order to reduce tangles and breakage.
- Avoid using heat styling like straightening, curling etc.
- Apply good quality hair serum before any heat treatment to hair.
- Do not trim hair too frequently. But of course, snip off the damaged and split ends timely.
- Rubber bands damage hair. Instead, use clips.
- Use good quality hair products that suit your hair type.
- Use products with least harmful chemicals.
- Getting rid of dandruff and split ends makes hair grow longer and faster.
- In case of stunted hair growth due to hormonal imbalance, consult a doctor.
- Lastly and most importantly- be stress free, be happy and have a good sleep daily.
After having discovered these little tricks about how to make your hair grow faster and longer, you are all set to give a new life to your hair and become enviable for fellow women. Go, Pretty lady! Go and flaunt your priceless hair!