- Wolfsburg yet to concede in the Bundesliga.
- Dieter Hecking's team are also unbeaten.
- Dortmund flying after high scoring wins.
Still unbeaten, Dieter Hecking's hosts are one of only two sides yet to concede in the Bundesliga this season – the other being 1. FC Köln. However, the 52-year-old tactician will be concerned with his team's lack of fire power with the Wolves registering just two top-flight goals to date this term.
Dortmund's last away trip saw Die Schwarz-Gelben stunned by RB Leipzig yet they have not lost consecutive away games at the start of a season for 23 years. Thomas Tuchel's team have since recovered from their early season setback and visit Lower Saxony on the back of two straight 6-0 triumphs.
- Wolfsburg are unbeaten this season after one win and two draws.
- This is the first time in their history that Wolfsburg are scoreless at this stage of a Bundesliga season.
- The Wolves have never gone more than three consecutive games without conceding in the Bundesliga.
- Dieter Hecking's men have been involved in both of the Bundesliga's only two scoreless games this season.
- Tuchel enjoyed the biggest win of his coaching career with Dortmund's 6-0 home triumph against Darmstadt.
- The last time BVB lost consecutive games away from home at the start of a Bundesliga campaign came under Ottmar Hitzfeld in 1993/94.
The venue – Volkswagen Arena